Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thought cycle

And, I vanished yet again. I really don't like doing that. But I just get busy (yeah, its an excuse). I got hung up with work, home and of course myself. I always ask myself, how do myself keep me busy..?

Well, its that continuous thought process. Literally continuous. I am just busy chasing one thought and the another, and the cycle goes on. Mostly in pursuit of positivity, and reasons. They say thinking is good, but they also say over-thinking is not good. I totally agree. 

Now about controlling it. Well, if its really natural you can't contain it. You can't stop it once and for all. So what do I do ?

I give it directions. I give it magnitude. I give it motivation. Easy said than done eh? Hehe. :)

But, no harm in giving it a try. I have been doing it now successfully, err.. Partially for now :) It does take some time. Some patience.

Since I know it can be done, will master it. Thoughts can be productive. I am sure everybody else can. Now this post is just a thread out of that thought process. 

Point is, do think, its good. Do reason, but don’t over-do it. Like everything should be in balance, so this should also be. It won't be in balance for granted. We have to do it, until it becomes a part of you. Just like you learn to balance a bicycle, and then you do it automatically.

Do mediate. Don't over do it. :) Just give your thoughts a little room. Close your eyes. And let your mind wander a while. Don't choke it. But at the same time don't let it go wild (wild in the sense it starts disturbing you, exceptionally for creative work you can :D).

Peace.
P.S: This "me and myself" thing, reminds of a poem of mine My Asylum. :)

3 comments:

gone! said...

Very true, over thinking is injurious for brain :D

Keep writing :)

siras said...

Yes, you're right.
Too much of anything is bad, even if it's a good thing. :)

AJ said...

@Komal: Yeap, sure will. Fingers crossed... :)

@siras: yeap yeaap.

 
Clicky Web Analytics